Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm Back!

So, I haven't posted a blog in quite some time because I've been well a little busy :)... Life with 2 babies under 2 is definitely challenging, but it's also a wonderful blessing. Mason just turned 2 months old and he is such a joy to have in our lives! Mason was born a week after my due date on June 17th and he weighed in at 9.5 lbs! Definitely a little bigger than Luke, who was 6lbs14 oz lol. I had decided to be induced because at 41 weeks pregnant I was miserable and I just wanted him here, plus I had already been experiencing contractions for 2 weeks. So my doctor set up the appointment. I was supposed to go to the hospital on Thursday the 16th at 8 am, but the hospital called and told me that too many babies decided to be born, so I had to be on stand by... That was hard!! Then at around 4 pm we found out that we weren't going in until the next day... AAhhhhhh! So the next day we arrived at the hospital at 8 am and was checked into triage. We were in there for almost 3 hours and then we were taken down to our room. After the patocin was started, 6 hours later Mason arrived into this world, looking just like his big brother and with a head full of hair! Like I said, he is a complete blessing and the sweetest baby.


Life with 2 boys has been a lot easier than I thought it would be, I think because I was already sleep deprived from Luke, that not getting any sleep with Mason, just kicked in :). Even though Mason sleeps really good at night and Luke used to wake up every 2 hours for the first 3 months. Getting a routine and a schedule going was my first priority and making sure Luke didn't feel replaced or ignored. He did have a little adjustment period when Mason came home. He was very jealous and didn't want anything to do with the baby. I kept thinking ohh man I hope this passes and it finally did! He's starting to be more interested in Mason and he actually sat next to Mason so I could take a picture! I have definitely had my moments in the past 2 months, but I wouldn't have it any other way.. Being here with my two boys is the greatest joy and blessing! 


Being a stay at home mom is definitely a dream come true, because it's something I've been wanting my whole life. Being able to stay home and raise my boys and be here for my husband, is very important to me. Also maintaining my relationship with Christ and serving Him first is extremly important to me, so i've got a lot going on! I've also started a new hobby... COUPONING!! I absolutely love it! And i feel like I'm doing something really important when it comes to saving money, because I'm serving the Lord, by serving my family! So thats whats been going on with me. I plan on blogging a lot and not just about daily living, Living through Christ and all about my couponing ways to save money!  


xoxo and God Bless!


1 comment:

  1. Keep posting Steph! I miss you and this is a great way to hear whats going on with u and the fam :) it made me feel good :) i love u!

    ReplyDelete