Thinking back on the year of 2010, it is hard to believe all the ups and downs we have faced as a family. God truly showed himself to us last year and without him I don't think we would've been able to get through it all. It all started when I lost my job when I was 8 months pregnant over a misunderstanding. I loved my job with Target and I worked very hard every single day. Within 5 months of being with target, I was promoted to the Presentation team leader. I loved every day of it! I loved my team and the people I worked with! One day I was heading to break and I was working in the back of the store so I grabbed some clearance baby clothes that i wanted to buy and headed up front ( at 8 months pregnant and constantly being on my feet, I knew I wouldn't be able to take another trip back to the back of the store). On my way up, a team member called me back over to the toy department where we had been working all morning. So i set my things down on the fitting room desk and headed to toys. Within 10 minutes I came back to get my clothes and clocked out and went to lunch. 3 days later, I was in the office writing a statement of my purchase. I was so scared and shocked. I had no clue i had done anything wrong. Then i was told I was being investigated and I had to wait 2 more days to find out that I was fired! They told me because I held clearance it was an automatic termination. I WAS SHOCKED! I had never been written up for anything! I was on my way up to becoming an executive and I wanted to retire with target, but it all came crashing down and that was only the beginning....
My insurance was now $300 a month and we tried to figure out how we could afford that because Luke was coming in January'10 and we were in the month of December '09. So we pulled our money together so I could pay for my insurance up till Luke was born. Then I tried to file for unemployment and I was denied... It was like one thing after another. But then on January 24th, 2010, Luke Alan Hinderliter was born at 3:29 pm. The most amazing day of my life! Eric and I were thrilled to become parents and he was truly a blessing for the two of us! We were shown that no matter where we are in life, God always has a plan for us. Then we found out we were able to fight the denial of unemployment by going to court. Nobody from target showed up so the judge granted me my unemployment!! THANK YOU JESUS!! So I've been able to stay at home and raise Lukey and be the mom and wife that my family needs! Then on October 15th, we found out that we will be expecting another little one! I'm due June 10th and we get to find out what it is on January 12th! We are hoping for a girl, but it will be a blessing if we have another little boy!
We sure have had our ups and downs as a family, from financially to emotionally, but God has shown us that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and all we have to do is lean on Him and He will always be there for us! I'm so happy to be closing the door on 2010 and embracing 2011 as a whole new year of possibilities, with my family and the Lord!
Amazing as I said..Stephanie, you have some crazy inspirational strength. This is, as I have explained why I do not shop at Target. I had sent a complaint to their HR dept..only to get a poorly rerouted email response from a dept that really is non existent. My boycott will continue. I am inspried by your strength that is only given of GOD, and revealed in this message through you. Life has not always been the easiest for my girls, as they learned early on in their young childhood. Great disspointment by ones who were trusted...but somehow, they battle through. Shame on those who take away our dreams, but blessed are those who perservere!!
ReplyDelete