Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mason's Allergies...

I was hoping with Mason that he wouldn't have the same issues as Luke, but at 3 months old I started noticing some red patches on his face... I was so upset. I knew instantly what was going on. It also meant that I was probably going to have to stop breastfeeding... Breastfeeding is so important to me and such a bonding experience between a baby and his mommy. I tried several different types of formula, but Mason was breaking out to every single one. I thought he was going to worse than Luke at that point. I ended up taking Mason to the allergist immediately to get him tested. I took him to see Dr. Savy and Mason ended up getting tested even though he was really young, but at that point we didn't have a choice. Mason did not like the pokes, who would lol? But at the end of the test he came back negative on food allergies. But he's still considered to have severe food allergies. He was put on this special formula that costs about $200 a can! But thankfully Mason is on medicaid so it's covered 100%! Praise the Lord! He's doing really well now that he's on this formula, but we shall see how things go when we start foods... I'm kind of scared, but we'll take it day by day!
On the special formula

Off the special formula

No comments:

Post a Comment